Pages

Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy 2021!


Fell asleep last night around 10:30ish so never got to see the ball drop in Times Square. Woke up around 3:30a.m.... Strolled through the house and opened the kitchen and living room curtains on the back side if the house. The moon was just shy of full, so  the bunnies saw me watching from the window and quickly put the butterfly bush between us. Glanced at the "kitty cam" and there sat Kiki. No doubt surveying his kingdom now that Oreo is gone.

For those of you not in the know, Kiki is an abandoned cat that I have been feeding off and on for a few years now. (He's a typical wandering tomcat.) Oreo was a neighbor's cat and has been wandering the neighborhood since his owner passed away. Yesterday I captured him and took him to the SPCA. Knowing he was inside and warm last night eased my mind. I can't save them all, but I can help when presented with an opportunity.

Today I'm finishing cleaning the house, burning a bit of sage, cooking up a batch of pork and sauerkraut for a no-contact meal  share with nephew and will have my first visitor since the beginning of November... All masked, of course.

Decided to make myself a Blessing Jar. The plan is to write what makes me smile or laugh or when something good happens on a scrap of paper and put the scrap in the jar. Then, whenever I get sad I can read one of the scraps (or several). Wonder how full the jar will be by the end of the year.

Later on in the afternoon...

The cold, rainy morning turned into a freezing rain afternoon and the dinner-share was postponed. Travelling is hazardous and folks are warning others to stay home after witnessing the slip-and-slide happening on the highways.

Nice to be home safe, warm and fed. Praying for those who aren't as blessed tonight. 

Here's to a happy and prosperous new year.  May your Blessing Jar overflow.




No comments:

Post a Comment