Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Weird Wednesday. Change Is Hard.

Raised Bed Greenhouse Topper
I come from a long line of worriers. We always expect the worst. Our "self talk" reflects negative words or actions that have been levied upon us by folks that mattered to us in the past - be they family members, co-workers, strangers or even inanimate objects. What's that adage? The beginning of change is an awareness that there's a problem?

Negative self-talk example: Now that I'm retired, I play online with my morning coffee. Many different games. I catch myself saying things like "well, that was a stupid move" and "I'm a f-n moron". 

But it's not just that. I say things like that to myself all day long. I call myself lazy and stupid. And I need to stop doing that. I need to start complimenting myself on actions I've completed. Change the negative to positive.

With that in mind...

After completing an inventory of the chest freezer and kitchen refridgerator, I popped down to TOPS and took advantage of their meat sale. I also did a curbside pickup order at Tractor Supply for a raised bed greenhouse topper. It fits the raised bed fabulously. I will need to pull out and sacrafice a couple tie-downs to more securely stake it to the ground; being January the ground is frozen enough that it's impermeable.

Inventoried pet supplies as well. Am trying to put off going to Walmart for those supplies as long as possible. Will need bird seed in another week, so that's my target.


No comments:

Post a Comment