Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Distraction Number Two: Wool Applique.


I have been admiring wool applique for years (as evidenced by my Pinterest board). Recently gave in and downloaded an ebook with patterns by Deborah Gale Tirico. 

There are several designs I will make including a nutcracker wall hanging (for grandson) and a pansy table topper (for daughter). With my love of folk art, it only stands to reason the Jacobsen pillow design I chose to work on first reflects that taste.

Although I have worked with wool before and even done some applique with cotton, I was a bit anxious about putting the two together. However, the instructions are very easy to understand and follow. I'm learning a lot about working with wool and now have some insight on pattern creation and transfer.

Here you can see the main stem pinned to the cotton background with the placement diagram atop. Measuring the border ensures the design is centered. 

Now I'm off to tack down the stem,  cut out the remaining design elements and sew away to my hearts content.

Hope y'all have a wonderful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment