Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Sunday Funday.

The thermometer says 18 degrees. With the wind chill the outside temperature feels like  5 degrees. Bandit and I made the half mile loop from our house across the bridge and back in fifteen minutes. Rather quickly seeing he did his doo-doo duty.  Now that the sun is up there's a pretty pinkish cast to the sky. Gonna be another cold day; a predicted high of twenty-six.

Meant to get a chicken out of the freezer last night so it could thaw. Have been dreaming of another good meal with stuffing and mashed potatoes with gravy. It'll still be thawing tomorrow.

Am trying to use up the older meat in the freezer. Don't want to waste food. Crazy that after all these years I'm still food insecure. Still bundle up under a blanket in Winter rather than turn up the heat. Still try to stretch every dollar. Waste not want not.

By the way, finally decided what kind of crazy quilt to make. Hexagon with flowers and quotes that have meaning to me like "Therefore  encourage one another and build each other up..." 1 Thessalonians 5:11

Saved last year's calendar because I liked the inspirational sayings. Moved it to the computer where I can see it when I work the AARP morning crossword puzzle. These days I need all the inspiration and encouragement I can get. January's saying is Agatha Christie, "The secret to getting ahead is getting started." Perhaps it should be in a more prominent location.

I find myself afraid sometimes for no particular reason.  Is it a habit? From living so many years walking on eggshells? From being afraid to speak my mind and ask the hard questions? From hiding for fear of rejection or being punished?

PTSD is so much fun. Like being haunted by your past.

With that thought in mind I'm off to YouTube for some positive inspiration.

Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment