Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Tired Tuesday.

Yesterday was the last day of a close to 3 week course of antibiotics and steroids. Of waking up in the middle of the night to take an antibiotic (every 6 hours) and having to sit up for 10 minutes after ingestion because of the meds or face the heartburn consequences. Don't know about you, but if I sit up that long I'm awake and having problems falling back asleep. 

It was also a bit of a stressful day what with Daughter being ill and me worrying about her. I keep trying to switch worried thinking over to "Three Little Birds" and look at the bright side. I've always been told that it only takes a couple weeks to change a habit. Looked it up because it's been a lot longer than that that I've actually been trying. Found out I'm doing OK. According to psychologists, it takes between 18 and 254 days for a new behavior to become a habit. Good reason to keep going. Would be great if I wasn't such a backslider.

Had to take Bandit Good Boy out three times before he'd do his duty. Dang. It's cold out there.

Kiki didn't show up for breakfast today, so he's probably taken off to a different feeding ground again. He did the same yesterday but Bandit and I saw him on our 6 a.m. stroll and he followed us home to get fed. Those feral cats are so well fed they're actually chubby.

The deer seem to have moved on so I'm back to feeding the birds without having to worry about them raiding the feeders. Gets expensive after a while. Hung them back out a couple days ago and the Junco's and Black-Capped Chickadees found them today. The birds seem a bit skittish. Right now they scatter when they see me in the window. I usually only chase away the Grackels and Blue Jays because they are pigs. The mourning doves haven't been back yet. Once they find the food they'll alert the Jays and I'll have to start monitoring consumption.

Speaking of which, am headed to town tomorrow to pick up some groceries. TOPS is having a buy one, get one free meat sale. One of the sale is half pound ham steak buy two get three free. If the cost per pound isn't too high some of that's coming home with me. Have a coupon for two whole chickens at $1.29 per pound; a raincheck from a previous sale. Gonna cook one of them up. Am almost out of home-made TV dinners. Gonna try to wait to go to Walmart for the dog/cat supplies. 

Have to re-inventory the freezer because I've been eating out of it. Still probably have a couple months of food here. Three if I don't mind eating a lot of beans. This will give me a chance to rotate the older meats and what-not to the top so they get used before they go bad. 

I lead such an exciting life. Guess I'll go make that grocery list so I can be at the store first thing in the morning to avoid anti-maskers. Gonna have to take Bandit for another walk before it's lights out. Y'all take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment