Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Change Is Hard. Tuesday, 29 December 2020

Having come to the realization that in order to move forward in a more positive manner or risk wasting the time I have remaining on Mother Earth, I'm resolving to change.

For a myriad of  reasons, I seem to always expect the worst of any situation. Borrowing trouble from a non-existent future. They call it "stinking thinking" in AA, and I hold a Master' Degree in it.

The problem is this: changing a lifelong habit. 

It took me years to give up smoking (a 35 year habit). And, truly, that was Divine Intervention in response to a prayer. No, really. I prayed God would take away that desire and when I woke the next day the desire to smoke was gone. Although from time to time the craving hits my psyche with such urgency 

Not sure praying will work this time (I am not quite right with God at present.)

So... Am gonna try to replace all this negativity with some type of positive activity. Because I get bored easily, there's gonna be quite a few things to choose from for good habits to cultivate and perhaps incorporate into a routine.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment