Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

When Five Years Seems Like Yesterday. Saturday, 26 December 2020

This is a hard time of year for me. For years I have had a condition known as SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder. This has been compounded by the death of my mother five years ago today. Add in the COVID-19 pandemic with its associated anxiety, necessary paranoia and social isolation... Well. You get the idea.

Change is difficult to accomplish. There are so many reminders of losses close to my heart. Lots of crying going on in this house right now. Five years apparently isn't long enough to stop this heart from mourning. 

I miss you, Mom. Every day.

I try to count my blessings because I know many people are going without while I have so much. I have a roof over my head, food in the cupboards and just enough to pay the bills with a little bit of folding money to save for a rainy day. Plus all these furry, loving animals to keep me entertained and from being too lonely.


No comments:

Post a Comment