Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Sunday.

Did I mention I hurt my knee/leg the other day? It's bad enough that I've actually been putting ice on it several times a day and propping it up throughout the day. Yesterday I knew W was coming over so I stupidly ran the vacuum through the house and walked way more than I should have. Hurts to bend and straighten. It's the ligament on the inner side, probably the medial collateral ligament. Was hard to sleep last night and nothing much got done yesterday after the visit.

So... Lots of good things happened yesterday. W actually hung out here for about an hour. Was nice to visit with him even though it's a double edged sword.

Susie and Lucinda both called me to chat. Those couple of hours seemed to fly by. Also texted with Onnie. She and I are birds of a feather. It's nice to have a few kindred spirits out there.

Only one real disappointment yesterday. CBS the cable channel was featuring Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman last night. Looked forward to watching it all day. Well, there were wind storms all day and reports of power lines down throughout the region. Sure enough, the power here went out at 6 p.m. - a short two hours before the shows were set to be broadcast. I asked the cosmos to please have the power restored before they came on and made the nest of my time by reading The Shell Seekers by camp light. 

Lo and behold, at 7:45 p.m. the electricity was restored. I sent a quick thanks to the heavens and to the Penelec electricians and once the internet modem had reset, quickly tuned into the Paramount plus live stream. Got myself a snack, filled the water glass, propped up the pillows and settled back to enjoy these great Christmas shows. Promptly at 8 p.m. an announcement was shown advising subscribers that the shows were not available for streaming. 

I had to laugh. 

Found out I can purchase it on Amazon for roughly three dollars, so that's what I'm gonna do. (Imagine me giving the tv a raspberry at that point.) Making lemonade with those sour lemons.

Keeping the knee propped up is the main task today. Am grateful for the vat of soup in the fridge so I don't have to cook today.

Gonna veg out on mindless tv for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment