Pages

Monday, December 20, 2021

Monday, 20 December 2021.

Happy Birthday to me! Donated to No Feline Left Behind for my birthday. They capture feral cats, neuter or spay them and then return them to the area where they were captured. Little Bit is one of the cats they've helped. 

Yesterday I finally decided on a border pattern for the crazy quilt wall hanging. Transferred it to template plastic and painstakingly cut it out with an Xacto knife. Tried to get those pens I bought to show up on the blue inner border and gave up. Am going to have to wing it - one element at a time. Either that or figure out a different transfer method other than using the sulky. Will Google it later.

Made a pork roast yesterday because it was a cold and damp day. Sliced it up and put some of the browned part on a mixed salad drizzled with roasted red pepper Italian salad dressing. It was yummy. So yummy that I toasted a Hawaiian sandwich roll and, with a spoonful of sweet baby rays bbq sauce, had a fake pulled pork sandwich. The remaining pork will be shredded and put in the small crock pot to make real pulled pork later today.

Making beef stroganoff for dinner tonight. Probably only having orange juice for breakfast to make up for the high calorie menu. Nineteen degrees Fahrenheit outside right now with a predicted high of thirty nine. Bitterly cold. Won't be walking two miles today unless the winds die down.

Perhaps I will do some baking today. Pumpkin muffins sound good.

Just took a swig of fresh coffee and noticed Bandit grooming Romeow. What a sweet puppy. No wonder everyone loves him! Now Romeow has hopped up on the couch with me and is curled up on my feet. He makes a nice furry foot warmer. 

Spoke with grandson Jacob briefly yesterday... Their telephone has charging problems. He's such a nice young man! Respectful... Intelligent... Kind... 

Guess I'll get my day started while I wait for the portable heater to warm the bathroom so I can luxurious in a warm bathroom while I shower and dress. Nothing much to say anyway.

Day 9 double D vitamin, St. Johns Wort. Have been sleeping better, not as many trips to pee.

No comments:

Post a Comment