Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Friday Fun.

After our morning walk, Bandit and I went to the shed to grab and refill the bird feeders. Little Bit, the female feral, scooted inside the shed and wouldn't come out when I called like she usually does. I shut the door so Honey Bun couldn't get in too and continued the task of filling and hanging feeders. When that was finished, she still wouldn't come out of the shed. Poor Bandit got put back in the house and I spent a good twenty minutes trying to get her out without letting Honey Bun in. Sliced open my finger in the process.

Now I'm watching a bit of Good Morning America and sipping on my second cuppa coffee. Throbbing finger cleaned, treated with Neosporin and bandaged.

Worked on the crazy quilt wall hanging and realized I'm much better at hand sewing than machine sewing. The results weren't pretty. If I work on it at all today it will be with a seam ripper to realign one of the sashing pieces. Was sad cutting off some of the sewn elements to square up the blocks. Lesson learned though. Future crazy quilt blocks will have much wider margins. Decided to embroider the sashing after backing it with heavy duty interfacing. Will use a simple repeatable flower and leaf pattern. 

The outside temperature today will reach an incredible 47 degrees. The only must do today is a trip to the spring on Taintor Road and filling the water jugs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment