Pages

Monday, February 8, 2021

Makin' Monday.

Look at that gorgeous sunset. My grandma would surely enjoy it. She and her friend, Betty, would go for drives in the country. Taking pictures along the way. Many of them of sunsets. "Quick, Betty. Get your camera!" is a shared family memory and story that will be told around the campfire for years to come.

Have to make some kind of baked goods today to thank my neighbor. Someone had hit and crippled a possum out on the trail and you could tell it was in distress. Times like that I wish I didn't know how to read tracks. Poor opossum. I called Aaron and he put it out of its misery. Didn't think my little .22 would get the job done. I remember shooting a woodchuck point blank thrice with a .22 many moons ago; it still moved. Freaky.

I hate to see an animal suffering.

The Buccaneers won the Superbowl.

Meanwhile, the COVID virus has mutated into two different worrisome strains. One from the UK is doubling infections every ten days and is 45% more transmissible.  It is spreading like wildfire in Florida right now. The African variant is less affected by current vaccines.

Freaky.


No comments:

Post a Comment