Pages

Friday, February 19, 2021

Friday Progress Report.

Woke up this morning to find little two inch square pieces of denim scattered throughout the house. Evidently they are the perfect size for kitty toys. Made me smile and gave me a good memory for the Blessing Jar.

Got a lot accomplished this week with much more to go. 

Reorganized some of the hand sewing supplies. Still have to string the embroidery cotton so its not on those little cardboard tabs. The tabs seem to put kinks in the thread making it tangle. Usually not a big deal - unless you're working on a big project. Have to get in the shed to grab a paper punch. Once they're organized I can do an inventory and restock.

Ripped the seams on the first denim stained glass quilt section; replaced with a two inch block strip which completed section one. Ripping back black thread on black fabric was a load of fun. I liked it so much I did it again on the next section. 

NOTE TO SELF: Only three of four squares need the black strip. The last black strip will join the pieces together. 

Two sections complete. Four sections to go. Then I need to decide whether to back it with blue or red flannel (I have both). Will stitch in the ditch to finish.

Winter weather has disrupted our daily walks. Both trail and town are hard walking. 

Diet and snacking are going well. Started a food log Monday. The way my eyes are today ( itchy and swollen) wheat might be a contributing factor in this rash. The rash on knee and elbows that was looking better yesterday morn has flared up. I had four slices of homemade oatmeal bread yesterday - the slices are small. Still something has made this bad enough I took a Benadryl last night and am going to be take another soon.

No wonder I'm tired all the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment