Pages

Monday, January 3, 2022

Monday. 6:10 a.m.

Been awake since about 4 o'clock. Got up to answer a nature call and noticed how cold the floors are, so I clicked the bathroom space heater on to the lowest setting and verified the water hadn't frozen overnight. Threw some flannel lounge pants on, straightened the blankets and crawled back in bed. Sleep eluded me, so I grabbed my checkbook and logged into my bank account to verify this months deposit. Nice getting a $78 monthly cost of living increase this year. Now I get a whopping $1398 a month. Poverty level for some, but I am fairly good at stretching a dollar and doing without.

Twenty four degrees when I took Bandit for a walk. Was bundled in layers and wishing I had grabbed the neoprene face mask before we got back to the house. Won't be any warmer this afternoon, so I'll do a better job of covering up later on.

The new neighbors arrived sometime last night. One little Uhaul parked in the driveway. Poor kids arriving when the temps decided to drop below freezing.

Right now I've climbed up on top of the bed covers and am sipping some coffee. Thawing out before I gather up the trash and haul it to the curb. 

Felt sorry for the ferals being out in the cold, so gave them each a can of food this morning. Double rations. Spent a bit of time checking their shelters yesterday. Added a bit more straw bedding to them and checked the heating pad cat house to maeke sure it is still warming. Washed and dried the fleece blankets they sit on during the day.

Gave the bok choi in both beds a blanket of straw. Hard to believe they are still growing. Had one in stir fry the other night. Smelled a little strong, but cooked up quite tasty. 

Not sure what I'll work on today. Am thinking of spending the day back here in the bedroom cause it's comfy.

Ah well, time to clean the litter and put the garbage out before I grab another cuppa and watch the morning news.

Toodles. I wish Susie lived closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment