Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

July 7. Hump Day?

Was glad I left Bandit home in the A/C yesterday. At several points during the day the temperature and humidity combined to make me feel like I was melting.

Laura and I didn't go to Sand Run as I had hoped due to lack of directions. Went instead to Hills Creek and sweated our way around the 1.5 mile Tauscher trail and back again.Their trails aren't very well marked, but they aren't really known for their trails. Hills Creek is more known for fishing and swimming.  

We went to the Duncan Tavern for lunch. Had a fabulous hamburger. Paula joined us for a chat and I learned that Gordon has a three year old daughter. Guess he finally got what he wanted. 

Stopped at Lucinda's house and watched barn swallows flitting about over the field until she got there (she had to work at the laundry). Visited with her for about an hour then headed back home.

The animals were happy to see me again and it was good to be back home.

There are going to be 30-50 people at the Pie Festival and I'm going to try to make 30 brooches to give as momentos. "Try" being the operative word.

Later tater.


No comments:

Post a Comment