Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2021

Saturday. Scattered Thoughts Day.

Henrietta watching birds
Spent most of the day playing video games, listening to music and watching TV. Just letting my mind wander. Remembering what was. Like Joe Walsh sings, "Why do we give up our hearts to the past?"

Another cold day, but it did have its bright spots.

Spoke with Aunt Judilyn who is getting ready for Easter. She's making kielbasa, ham, mashed potatoes and corn muffins. The rest of the family is bringing dishes to pass. Was great to hear from her. She has two new great-grandbabies to love on. (Gosh, are we really that old?) Wish we lived a bit closer. Four hours there and another four back is a bit far for Bandit and I to travel and still get home to sleep in our own bed.

Another bright spot was the hyacinth W bought me for our 10 year anniversary. The blossoms have opened and every time you pass into or through the room is the most lovely, sweet scent. What a fabulous flower. AND it can go outside to bless me with blossoms for many years to come.

Watched the movie starring Russell Crowe called Unhinged. Rather, I should say, I started watching the movie Unhinged. I couldn't watch it to the end although I may attempt it at some later date. The anger hits way to close to home and I remember being followed around the house by a pissed-off husband with a shotgun in his hand saying "If I can't have you, no one can have you." Those crazy eggshell-walking days that are best left in the past where they belong.

Put that out of my mind and reviewed movies to add to my watch list (Amazon Prime). Working on cleaning out the desk now that the den furniture has been rearranged. 

Nice relaxing day.


No comments:

Post a Comment