Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Random Thoughts about NOTHING


Caffine. Hate to admit it but I'm addicted. I nag my other half about drinking Coke with all the caffine and high fructose corn syrup. It's not so much the high fructose that scares me - it's the potential GMO corn ingredient. Plus, can four cans of any kind of soda a day be good for you? 
Yet I drink coffee.  I drink sweet tea with processed sugar... the kind of tea you only drink before 5 p.m. or you'll be awake until 2 a.m. Hot non-herbal tea when we dine out. Cola from time to time when I need the sugar; Pepsi if I'm lucky. Yes. There is a difference in taste. I prefer Pepsi. It has nothing to do with them sponsoring Jeff Gordon. (Have you seen this funny video?)

NPRs "The Salt" has an entire week dedicated to coffee. Check it out here .

*****

The neighbors on two sides mowed their lawns. Guess they thought that since the borough mowed it was time to have at it. You can imagine what it looks like after being cold enough to frost for three days in a row. Meanwhile, those of us who waited to mow are seeing lush green and hoping the rain stops before it needs bailed.
*****
Why is it that the cats always lay on my freshly made bed? Is it the cotton sheet tossed over the spread so their hair doesn't get on the bedding? Cats sure do make nice foot warmers! Not as nice as Corn Bags though.
 *****
Hope you have a great week. Here's a song to get your heart pumping: Manic Monday




No comments:

Post a Comment