Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday Foolishness - April 19, 2013

This morning I woke feeling on top of the world. Had a call yesterday for a job interview set for this morning. Up before the alarm and out walking the pup by 6 a.m. Listening to some get-up-and-go music while I did my morning chores. Resume and references printed. S-S-S (as Grandfather would have said) and out the door 1/2 hour before due. Post office chore completed en route. Interviewed. Vet appointment. Home to prepare the fresh vegetable stew in this photo and pop it in the oven.

If the stew is any good after it's baked a few hours I'll post the recipe. The odds are 50/50; when I cook that usually means lose/lose. It sure looks pretty in the photo though, doesn't it? The pottery is pretty too.


The pottery was made by the Martin family in Texas. They are the people who purchased the molds from what once was Ransbottom Pottery (think pickle crocks). Doesn't matter that I can't recall the name of the pattern. I just know it's pretty. (I'm like a crow with something shiny. lol) This particular pattern once sold exclusively at my favorite store: Mast General Store. Mast doesn't carry this pattern anymore, but last I checked they still carry the crocks. Great price too! Even better with their "Employee-For-A-Day" discount which will be held April 28th and 29th. I think you have to be signed up for their email to get the 25% discount on 4 items. Any of their locations is worth the trip, but I'm partial to the Original in Valle Crucis.

Any hoodle, the interview went very well. The owner made me feel like the position was mine - including telling me that he'd introduce me to the rest of the staff on Monday. He asked me if I would take the position if it was offered to me. Of course, I replied in the affirmative. He would call me later in the day and let me know what his decision was.

I got the call a little after 3 p.m. He gave the job to the other person. In his words "Nothing against you - the other person just had experience performing the exact same job elsewhere." *SIGH* My love says, "it just wasn't meant to be." While there is initial let-down I know that there is something better down the road. Somewhere there is the perfect position for me. Somewhere I can make a decent living and still be able to look at myself in the mirror.

For now I'm just going to keep searching and keep busy. Y'all kick back and relax for the weekend. Here's a tune to help get you on your way. LOL

The song:
Working For The Weekend with a long intro. Remember this one boys and girls?
The album:


No comments:

Post a Comment