Pages

Monday, May 31, 2021

May 31. Memorial Day.

No garbage pick up today because of the holiday, so already it's a good day. To top it off, Kiki was on the porch with Little Bit and Honey Bun at feeding time. Was so very glad to see him! Hopefully he'll be around more often now. Don't know where he was. Simply glad he's safe. 

Honey Bun didn't even try to run him off. Kiki would have kicked his butt. Honey slunk around the porch for a bit; you could tell he was nervous.

Talked with Sue yesterday for over an hour. She is such a blessing to me and her family, although I sometimes think they take her for granted. Guess we all do the same - take for granted that they'll always be there to love us back. Oh what I wouldn't do to talk with Mom and Gran and Bummie and Grandfather and Grandpa Johnson and ... Well everyone. Perhaps in the next life.

Wish time didn't move so fast. Yes, I know that time is a constant and we are the ones who are moving through it. Maybe it's just me. Filling my days with so much "stuff" to try to fill the void of loneliness rather than simply enjoying the day. Pressuring myself to do more tasks; to make more art. W is right about me being my own worst enemy.

Ugh! Time to get a cuppa and change this mopey attitude. The rain has stopped. The sun is shining. I'm burning daylight.

No comments:

Post a Comment