Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2021

Sunday Morning.

Last spring I planted the third and final bleeding heart plant along the north side of the house. Previous plantings on both the east and west sides were (obviously) unsuccessful. When number three refused to grow I gave up trying. Imagine my surprise when seeing a hint of pink among the weeds whilst we strolled along on our merry way. 

The hostas have poked through their leaf mulch. Rhubarb has been growing long enough for that one plant to flower.

Have a busy schedule today in preparation for the journey to Wyoming. Tigger woke me around five by horking on the blanket by my side. Took a bit to relax after that. Kinda dozed for a few minutes before giving up and starting my day. Got the wash started, fed animals, walked the dog and made a pot of coffee. Will make a list of tasks and items to pack while I'm sipping a cuppa or two. 

Will try to keep busy today so I don't dwell on the surgery or the trip down. Should be a pretty drive. Gassed up at the reservation yesterday. $2.79 there vs $3.09 in town. Route 219  has been rerouted to one lane in each direction for highway construction. Seems like that stretch of road is always being worked on and always full of potholes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment