Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2021

May 8.

First thing yesterday morning, while Bandit and I were on our morning walk, the under wire on my bra broke. Normally not a big deal, but this time it broke on the tender side not quite under my arm. Every time I took a step the sharp wire stabbed me. 

So once we got back home and the offending garment was removed, I paid all the monthly expenses to see what remained. Then decided to use some of the excess to purchase much needed new clothes rather than transfer it all to savings like I usually do.

Top of the list? You guessed it: a new bra. Opted for a Nike sports bra. Am hoping the quality will make up for the high price tag ($30+). 

Please note, dear reader, I'm pretty out of touch on prices. I tend to wear clothes to the falling apart stage before they are discarded.

Bought two pair of jeans - that actually fit. One pair is my preferred brand (Lee) because the cut always fits. They cost $36; the most I've paid for jeans in a good ten years. The other pair is a brand new to me: Full Blue. The cut around the hips isn't as comfortable as the Lee jeans, but at only $15 they were more affordable.

The jeans and bra were purchased at Dunhams. Was rather hesitant about buying without trying them on, but compared the seams on the legs to the ones I had on. Was happy when I could try them on and both pair fit. No fitting rooms due to COVID restrictions.

Before going to Dunhams I went to Tractor Supply to look at their shirts because I liked the styles they had to offer online. Was very disappointed that those styles were made in China. Rather than purchase three or four as planned, I bought one.

No comments:

Post a Comment