Pages

Friday, May 21, 2021

May 21. Surgery Follow Up Day.

W surprised me before 8 a.m. letting me know he was on his way to put the air conditioner in the window. Would have been nice to get advance notice so I could have everything ready and waiting. Oh well. It's in now and is quite nice knowning Bandit and the kitties won't get overheated. Nicer for sleeping too.

Had to make a run to ValuHome for duct tape to close up the gaps so the kitties can't get out. As long as I was there I got a good welcome mat and the painting supplies for Judy's barn quilt.

We had a bit of a spat about the board he's selling me for barn quilt signs. I wanted MDB board. He insisted that the board he has is "perfect" for barn quilts. My concern was not having a smooth painting surface. He brought the board later in the day and it has cracks - just like I suspected. Already paid for it so will have to make do. Means more work for me. It's 3/4" plywood. *sigh*

Got gas at the reservation on my way to Strayer's Greenhouse yesterday. $2.76 there vs. $3.09 in Bradford proper. Bought one zucchini, two crook neck squash, ten coleus, a huercha and a blue Echinacea.

Came back home and planted the coleus after weeding out the front flower beds. What a chore that was. Buttercups are hard to get rid of. They spread by sending out root runners similar to strawberries. 

One of the neighbors on Main Street is putting in a garden, so I'm giving them some herbs for it. Chives, thyme and oregano. Will probably give them a couple kohlrabi plants as well.

Still need to plant more radishes and parsley. Have to plant the beans too. 

Guess I'll get the household chores done and get ready to head to Dubois.


No comments:

Post a Comment