Pages

Friday, May 7, 2021

Friday, 7 May 2021.

It funny how certain, everyday mundane items can trigger a memory. Came in from our morning.walk and kept my knit watch cap on in an attempt to stay warm without bumping up the thermostat. First thought was the college kids at Mast General Store talking about how they could lower the thermostat and stay warmer by wearing layers - especially a hat. Logical when considering the rest of your body is, presumably, already clothed and the head represents about 10% of the body's surface area.

My second thought was how cold it always was in Gran's house. Both the one on East Second Street and the one on Park Avenue. I remember how she almost always wore a sweater and if she didn't have one on it was on the back of her chair.

Anywhoodle...

W unexpectedly came by and mowed the lawn yesterday. Although I still had to mow the garden and around the edges, him mowing saved me a lot of work, which I immediately replaced with pruning the hydrangea and weed walking lest I feel guilty that it's not done.

We also talked about the poor quality flooring. I had a bit of a meltdown. Frustrating being pressured into purchasing something and then being told it's not good. All that money wasted on delivery and the box I opened to look at. Now it has to be schlepped back to Erie and I have to order from Lowes and transport it when it arrives.

It's probably for the best. Lowes has Pergot for about 20 cents more per square foot and the patterns are more what I had in mind. Se la vie.  It's only money, right?

Cleaned and reorganized the bulk of the items being stored in the back bedroom.  Will finish it up before I head downstate.

Leftover steak and eggs for breakfast this morning. Then to find something constructive to do.

Smile... It makes folks wonder what you're up to.

Got the bulk 

No comments:

Post a Comment