Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Home from Market

Farm Animal Nursery Quilt - Part Two.

Step one of this embroidered quilt was to embroider the nine broadcloth blocks.
I'm using both the outline stitch and the running stitch. You can use whatever stitches you're comfortable with.





One of the reasons I purchased this kit was because I believed it would be easier than creating a traditional quilt. While it may be easier (and quicker) than a hand-pieced or machine-pieced quilt, I had forgotten how long it takes to embroider properly. When I say properly what I mean is the back of the piece should look as neat as the front of the piece. That's the way I was taught.

The picture above shows both the front and back of the "bunny" block from the kit. I think it looks good. What do you think?







No comments:

Post a Comment