Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday Foolishness

Here's a song and a story to get your weekend off to a good start.

Toes by Zac Brown Band

So I'm getting ready for bed last night. Showered. Teeth brushed. Hair combed. Alarm set. Got the dog his bedtime snack so he'd stop whining and go to sleep.
Spoiled rotten doggie. We love 'em that way, don't we? Here I go. lah-de-dah. Walking around. Checking to make sure that the doors are locked. The wood stove is banked and it's door is closed; must be drafting okay 'cause there's a nice flame at the back. Coffee pot ready to turn on. Animals have full water dishes. Work computer turned off. Burners on the gas stove are off; all three pilots are lit. 'tis an old stove - but it works better than those new fangled ones. Most of the time anyway.

[There was a day when I fell asleep on the couch for no particular reason. I laid down because I had a headache. both cats were asleep. the dog was asleep. All laying down on the floor. really odd that they were all in the same vicinity (and ain't hindsight 20-20.) Turns out the oven pilot had gone out somehow. If a friend hadn't stopped by we might just have blown sky-high. Not that we would have felt it.]

Anyway... like I was sayin'

I was getting ready for bed and kept feeling this weird lump between my legs with every step I took. Now, earlier in the day I had my weekly weigh-in...the dial went in the wrong direction, don't cha' know. But seriously - I knew I hadn't put on that much weight. My teal-green, fleece retro-70s pajama bottoms with the rainbow peace signs - that go so well with my long sleeve black Steelers thermal top - have a drawstring top with pom-poms on the ends of the string. When the drawstring isn't pulled tight and tied those pom-poms just so happens to fall in a strategic location. Think about it for a minute.  [make me go to the store and buy regular pajamas will ya? there: take that! :p ]

Now I know why guys walk funny sometimes. LOL

Y'all have a great weekend! And don't be getting jealous over my keen sense of fashion either.

No comments:

Post a Comment