Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2021

June 20. Red Sky Sunday.

6 a.m. and I've washed my hands at least a half dozen pm times already today. It's Sunday (thank you very much, Captain Obvious) so the indoor kitties and Bandit got to share a can of food between them.

Sat down to have a cup of reheated coffee and noticed the whole room glowing pink from the sunrise. What a beautiful sunrise it is. Put down yesterday's swill (yes, it really was that awful) and proceeded out back to feed the feral kitties. Standing between the feeders bold as can be was the doe that the neighbor was telling me about. She wasn't afraid of me either; barely moved when I tried shooing her away. At least she wasn't in the garden.

Kiki has become a regular for the morning feeding. Was surprised to see him on the picnic table when I tried to walk Bandit this morning. 

Bandit didn't even want to walk down the street. He planted his feet and refused to budge. Seeing he weighs one hundred and eight pounds he's practically immovable. Perhaps it's his arthritis. Weather Channel puts the humidity level at ninety three percent. Chilly and damp. Will try taking him for a ride and walk later. Perhaps drop the clothes off at the church over the hill and head up to Kinzua Bridge.

Pulled up the carpet, padding and the better portion of linoleum. What a nasty job. Had the foresight to wear a mask and gloves. Not sure what all was on or in that stuff but had hives all over my right arm. Adding long sleeve work shirt for protection when I go back at it. The linoleum is stapled and am having to use a screwdriver and hammer to raise the staples and pliers to finish pulling them out. Quite the workout.

Gonna be eighty degrees today and rainy to boot. More heavy thunderstorms like we had yesterday. Reminded me so much of Tampa, Florida weather I sat on the porch and watched it for a while.

W called yesterday and said he's having problems with his heart and that he wasn't sure he was going to make it. I told him to have Teresa drive him to the hospital. I'm thinking he pulled a muscle trying to prove he can still run with the big dogs because he's been helping lay foundation blocks at his house. Hope I'm right. Can't imagine not talking with him or seeing his sweet face. Love him too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment