Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Try Something Different Tuesday. BBQ Chicken Breast.

Do you ever get tired of eating the same old thing? I know I do!

Now, those who know me know that I'm not the greatest cook in the world. I can bake up a storm when it comes to bread or pastry or cookies and such. But regular meals are definitely not my forte and I get bored making the same old thing all the time.

The other day a friend posted a recipe on Facebook for a weekday make-ahead meal of Baked Chicken with Peppers and Onions (and salsa and tomato paste, etc.). While that recipe didn't strike my fancy, it did inspire me to roast some chicken breast and peppers.

Rather than use traditional, wet BBQ sauce, I used McCormick Grill Mates Barbecue spice that I picked up at TOPS. It has a slight, smoky flavor that goes well with the sweetness of the roasted peppers. A make-ahead meal that will be made again and again.

p.s. (Yes. I know it's Wednesday. Note to self: Push the "publish" button.)


No comments:

Post a Comment