Pages

Monday, February 13, 2017

Monday Mini-project.

A while back I purchased some felt from a friend at an insanely low bargain price. A few weeks later, I purchased this little, green and white felt bird from her as well.

The felt was automatically relegated to the official craft room in a small shopping bag with the rest of the felt stash. The little bird has been sitting above the computer staring at me with its beady little eyes... Inspiring me to try to make a little birdie like it.

I rose to the challenge.

None of the patterns I have printed matched this type of bird, so a Google search led me to this pattern. Not exactly the same thing, but close enough.

Now, in with the felt was some lovely baby blue flannel. That's what I chose to work with. Unfortunately, flannel frays bad enough that the seam depth needed to be about 1/4 an inch.

This is the result:


Not good.

Rather than waste the time spent embroidering another top and more wings, the trusty old seam ripper came out.

Seams were removed and sewn again from the inside.




This is the result:

Again, not good.

Some day I'll make another birdie again using this pattern. But flannel definitely won't be used.

Live and learn, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment