Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Throwback Thursday. My Sewing Box.


Last Thursday I showed y'all my Great-Grandmother’s sewing box and talked a bit about it's contents. Today, I want to show you one of my most prized possessions: a wooden sewing box painted and customized for me by my loving daughter. She gave it to me in April of 2011 as a going away present when I moved back to Pennsylvania.

It doesn't have as many things inside as Great-Grandmother's, but it does have the basics. It has needles, pins, buttons, both metal and leather thimbles, a working needle holder (the little dollie) and a threaded needle holder.

Usually there are scissors and more spools of thread there as well, but they're are currently being used for a different project. (surprise, surprise).

No comments:

Post a Comment