Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sunday: A Typical Day of Rest. It's Not Work If You Love What You Are Doing.


Back in 2013 I began this wall hanging as part of a Brown Bag Challenge at a local fabric shop (Little Fabric Garden).

The blocks themselves went together rather easily. I was rather proud of how crisp the points came out.

The holly leaf pattern is an original pattern. You can read more about it here.

The project was put on hold because my hand quilting of the leaves looked horrible on both sides. Because I'm working on finishing up projects, it was put back on the active work-in-progress pile.

After speaking with one of the ladies at the fabric shop and learning that to have someone with a long arm complete the quilting would cost more than budgeted, I decided to attempt machine quilting on my own.

That bright idea only got this far:
What a pain in the butt trying to quilt this small detail using a conventional sewing machine. Too much like work.

So...

Set aside for a little while until a solution could be found.

After weighing options, I decided to rip out the leaves already hand quilted and embroider them instead.

Rip. . . Rip. . . Rip. . .

It took about a half hour to rip out and then embroider the two leaves on this triangle. Although ripping is time consuming, it's the best solution because the embroidery really accentuates the leaves, as you can see from the first picture in this post.

After the leaves and berries are all embroidered, I will stitch-in-the-ditch using a similar green.

This is going to take a while. *sigh*

Good thing I find embroidery relaxing.

Here's hoping you have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment