Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day!

This Valentine's Day I have decided to practice kindness. Today I've done my best to have a pleasant word and a smile for everyone I met as I went about my bi-weekly errands.

But I've taken it a step further. I've adopted one of the stray cats in the community. Not that I'm bringing it into my home. I don't really want another indoor cat. Especially a cat I know nothing about.

I have made a shelter for him out of an old tote in a place that provides shelter from the elements, but allows an almost 360 degree view without compromising security from predators. An old fleece blanket big enough to act as a nest is inside the shelter.

With all the streams that feed Tunungwant Creek, water isn't a problem for any animal in the wild. Food is a different story. I will be feeding him both dry and wet food once a day - right before sunset. It won't be enough to completely sustain him, but it will be enough that he won't starve. He'll still have to hunt for some of his food.

Speaking of food...

Time for Valentine's Day dinner. I hope you have had a wonderful day full of smiles and laughter.

Blessed be.



No comments:

Post a Comment