Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2021

Thursday, 30 September 2021.

Yesterday I worked on one of the crazy quilt squares. Have been trying to use a variety of new stitches and it was proceeding quite well until I was on the second round of grid work and realized a mistake. I attempted to correct the error, but the fix looked bad in my perfectionist vision. So today I'm taking the stitches back and reworking the grid. Should be pretty when it's finished. Serves me right for thinking the pattern was easy.

Finally found a purpose for those plastic floss boxes I bought from Elaine. Am going to sort out my buttons in them. One more thing for the to-do list. 

Went for a walk with Nancy and her two pups last night. Have discovered that I sleep better if I walk at least two miles a day. So does bonehead. Have woken to the alarm at 6 a.m. the last two days. Feels weird to sleep that late. Have been waiting until 7 o'clock when it's light enough to see the poop to walk Bandit. He hasn't quite adjusted yet.

Saw the deer again this morning. The fawns are almost as big as mama now. Thankfully, the deer netting is keeping them out of the garden.

Rearranged some more of the craft supplies yesterday. Still have a long way to go.

Got a call from Lucinda last night. Her aneurysm is getting bad again. She has to have brain surgery in three weeks. She'll let me know the date. She's been a good friend these last couple of years. Am praying she pulls through okay. 

Time for breakfast and to get started on chores. W is coming by tomorrow to gather the waste metal and pick up the mortgage payment. I'd like to have some sense of order here when he drops by.

My OCD kicked in and I finished the square filling stitch portion of the quilt square.



No comments:

Post a Comment