Pages

Friday, September 24, 2021

Friday, 24 September 2021.

It was 46 degrees when I woke this morning. Had to turn the heater on.

Fixed the second raised bed greenhouse topper yesterday and put it on the bed that has the green peppers in it. Sue says pepper plants can be over-wintered, so I'll probably research how that's done.

Mulched the asparagus bed and the weigela plant. Can't wait to eat fresh asparagus next spring. Need to look up how to care for the plants to see if I have to cut them down before snow or not. 

Been canning tomatoes this week. One batch at a time. So far I have twenty one quarts of regular tomatoes canned and four quarts of stewed tomatoes frozen. One batch remains and I can't decide whether to make stewed or regular. The regular are easier, but I surely do love stewed tomatoes.

Have also been embroidering on the crazy quilt squares I started a year or so ago. Made a peacock on one of the fan blocks. 

My back and leg are starting to feel better. Still have sore, itchy ear and sore throat. Trying to tough it out as opposed to going to the doctor.

The "batting" on the shed never happened this week. No rain in the forecast for the next several days, so I'm hoping it will get done before the weather turns too cold to paint. Have to move the gallons of paint inside before they freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment