Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2021

September 16, 2021. Thursday.

 Went to Millers Farm Market in Olean yesterday. Went the back way through Foster Brook and past Rock City. Got to Olean and was really confused because W had shown me that way with a couple turns and apparently I missed a turn. Pulled into a parking space and plugged where I was going into the GARMIN GPS and it not only didn't audibly direct me, it gave false information. After two false turns, pulled out my phone and used Google Maps to get me there. Was pretty angry at W when I realized to get there was a straight shot from the route I take to go to Ollie's and Home Depot. He's been taking me all different ways and basically getting me lost.

Anyway...

Picked up three half bushels of canning tomatoes, a peck basket of green peppers, some onions and a small bag of potatoes. Thankfully the tomatoes aren't quite ripe, so they can sit a couple days while I do other things around the house. Did manage to get the peppers cleaned up and frozen for use in stuffed peppers, stir fry and even diced for stewed tomatoes.

Stopped at Strayer's Greenhouse on the way back home and got two gorgeous purple mums for the back entry.

Had spoken with Susan on Monday about making the little bedroom more craft-friendly; then got a message from Lucinda informing me she and a friend are stopping by next month to visit. Figured I'd better get started cleaning up the house so it's a bit more presentable when they arrive. 

With both those thoughts in mind, I grabbed the small table from the shed and set it up by the computer. Didn't like how it would look from the doorway with all the craft supplies beneath it, so decided to flip the room only to discover it really didn't look good that way. Today I'll be flipping it back.

Might try to haul the hutch out to the shed by myself. 

Dead headed the zinnias out front and the spent flowers on the butterfly bush. Transplanted some of the spinach from the red, white and blue planter into the bed with the green pepper plants and planted radish and bok choy seed there because that is will be the second Winter garden bed. Still need to mend that greenhouse topper.

Going to go through the tomatoes today to make sure there aren't any ripe ones. If there are I'll have to get them processed. 

The bananas I bought need to be made into bread so that needs to be done today too.

So much to do. So little time.

Craving bacon, so am going to thaw some and have it for breakfast. 

I miss you, Mom. 

Toodles.



No comments:

Post a Comment