Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Last Sunday This February.

The weather is in the process of transitioning into Spring. One day temperatures will be mid-50s; the next day the high will be in the 20s. Lots of freezing rain, sleet and rain contributing to flooding in low laying areas. I'm simply happy that the days are getting longer.

Well... After fighting with my Brother sewing machine for days and ripping back countless seams, I decided to try my hand at hand quilting. It went okay, but would have been better if I set up a frame for that kind of work. 

So... I ripped it out and went to the shed to see how much work it was going to be to bring Mom's sewing machine and cabinet in. Moved some of the stuff in the shed yesterday. Moved the shelf and contents out of the office. Today I finished clearing a path in the shed, strapped the cabinet to the hand cart and got it as far as the front steps before I couldn't go any further. Luckily one of the neighbors was driving by and gave me a hand getting it up the stairs and into the house.

Took a while to get it cleaned up and oiled. Tested it out on some scrap fabric before I tried the wall hanging. Took me an hour or so to get the tension right, but she sews like a dream.




No comments:

Post a Comment