Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2022

March 13. The Clock in the Car is Accurate Again.

Clocks were turned forward one hour earlier and the weight if waking at five o'clock in the morning has been lifted. This is the first Winter I haven't altered my schedule to match daylight saving time. Got plenty of weird looks from folks driving by while walking Bandit at 5 a.m. 

Sat and watched the birds for a while this morning. A purple finch perched on the Gala apple tree caught my eye as I stood at the kitchen sink filling the coffee pot with water. It looked so pretty on the snow covered branch with a pale blue sky in the background. Then there are the starlings who have cleaned out the feeders for the last several days and are working their way through the suet log. 

There's about six inches of fresh snow on the ground. We slogged through it on the trail, but four degrees is too cold to linger. 

Missed my doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Drove as far as Gifford before giving up and returning home. Yes. Road conditions were that hazardous. Lots of automobile accidents regionally. Rescheduled for tomorrow morning. Hope the roads are clear.

Neighbor Linda and I went to the Derrick City Diner and had their fish fry (I had baked) it was tasty! She treated, which was nice. Afterward we went to TOPS and got some groceries. She doesn't have a car anymore, so she's dependent on others to get around. There but for the grace of God...

The war in Ukraine continues. It breaks my heart to know this is happening and I'm powerless to do anything to end it. Other than pray, that is. I see clips of what is happening there and just cry.

Here in the states us spoiled Americans are whining about the price of gas going up and blaming inflation on the President.

Some things just don't make sense to me.

Didn't do m


No comments:

Post a Comment