Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2022

March 20th. Spring Has Sprung.

And so has my back, but that's normal when renewing hard labor after a period of rest. Am sure all will be well in another few days. In the meantime I'll just be in pain.

Bandit on the other hand.... Well. He'll be better in a few days too. He was attacked by that big dog (Malachi) on Wednesday when we were coming home on the poop trail. He's been having a hard time getting up the stairs ever since. Today was the first he didn't cry and lay down on the ground when it was time to come inside. Have been giving him ibuprofen and his joint vitamins. They seem to be helping.

Nancy and I spoke with Deb, Malachi's owner. Told her at the very least, he should be muzzled. Suggested both a vet visit and obedience training. We'll see what happens.

Moved some bok choi so they are all in the same bed. Planted spinach next to it and when it stops raining will plant a few more seeds. Have rainbow chard, purple bok choi, radishes and some carrot seeds - all are frost hardy varieties. Also moved one of the greenhouse toppers to the bed I planted squash in last year.

The weather has been in the 50s and 60s. Even reached 71 one day. Glorious right now, but summer will probably be a scorcher.

Sarah Coleson, NPR, called with the results of my bloodwork. My cholesterol is 274, so she wants me on statins. I thought about it, did some research and agreed. Now I'm watching how much cholesterol is in the food I eat. Need to lose weight anyway.

My heart breaks for the people of Ukraine, now in the fourth week of war. NATO and the USA are helping, but fear WWIII should they enforce a no-fly zone above the country. I pray for peace.

That's all the news that's fit to print. 


No comments:

Post a Comment