Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Rainy Monday To-Do List

 

Lest you think I've forgotten all about this blog let me assure you: I have not. Simply been busy painting and "to-do"-ing.  This is my original take on the traditional Unicorn Hex sign. It measures sixteen inches in diameter and one-half inch thick. The white base layer is two coats of twenty-year exterior latex house paint. The design itself is painted with a mixture of acrylic and acrylic enamel. Some fine detail has been worked with Liquid Leaf "Classic Gold". A dual coat of clear varnish was applied to seal the design and protect the design from "the elements". Counting drying times this took about three days to complete. A bit long when the sale price is only $65. Not counting drying time there are a good eight hours into this design. That's less than $10 per hour. Hmmmm....
 
You know what they say though. It's not like work if you love what you're doing. Folks, I'm truly blessed to love what I'm doing.
Especially on a rainy Monday morning with a hot cup of coffee warming my hands pondering current projects.
 
What else have I been "to-do"-ing?
 
Current projects nearing completion are:
 
Wildflower Circle Cheese Box Lid (the bottom is basically plain)
 
















Wine Gift Boxes

 
And.... (are you ready for this?)... an Etsy shop! Petunia Magpie. Named in memory of my sister Deborah. It's mostly purses, toys and quilts with a few clothing items thrown in for good measure. I'm also donating 10% of all sales to the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure that helps fund cancer research.
 
Here's a link to the shop and to the shop blog where you can read more about what's going on over there. If you're a new entrepreneur you may find the "shop talk" interesting. It's a chronicle of selling items on Etsy. From the 'soft' opening day through the first year (and perhaps beyond) including what qualifies me, imho, to give advise on E-commerce and Customer Service. Short version of that: years of experience.
 
As always - would love to hear from y'all. 'Till next time...
 
Click here for a Monday Memory.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment