Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

I DID IT!

I opened a new Etsy shop! I'm so excited!

Can you guess the shop's name?
LOL!

Here is a link to the shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PetuniaMagpie Sure would love feedback from you.

I've had Etsy shops before -- selling various items. I've also sold on eBay, but that was way back  in the 80s. [No wisecracks from you young whippersnappers now. :)] They did okay, sold enough to pay for the seller fees and the materials used to make the product. Yet they never made any money. Mainly because I didn't have the time to devote to running it.

An' folks, it takes lots of time to manage a profitable website. More about that in tomorrow's post.

Today I put twelve items up for sale. I have another sixteen ready to go as soon as the pictures and copy are ready. Might seem easy, but after about twelfth description (actually ten is closer to the truth) my brain was numb. Even though I wrote retail media copy for over seven years this poor old brain needs a few hours to recoup from all that creativity.

I have another twenty or so items that are in the final stages of completion. Even some of the ever-popular Sock Monkey's! Mine are the traditional ones made with Fox River brand Red Heel Socks. Pictured below are some of the toys in the final stages of completion.


I try to make all toys pretty child proof. The eyes, mouths and noses - where appropriate, are either made of felt or embroidered. I use all new materials. When cotton is used it is pre-washed and dried to prevent shrinkage. I want YOU to come back to my shop over and over again. To do that you need to know that my items are quality. I stand behind them 100%. If you don't like your purchase - just return the unused item and get refunded. No questions asked.

Anyway. It's nice to meet you. I hope you can come back and visit with me again sometime soon. Always glad to make new friends. Happy to talk shop with you. That's mostly what this blog will be about - shop talk. What are my current projects, what is selling, what's not. How and what I'm doing to gain visibility and increase sales. Step by step I'll take you along with me. Hopefully we can share some laughs along the way.

Until tomorrow keep this simple Marketing Strategy in mind: "Merchandising! Merchandising! Merchandising!"

Click here for a giggle.





No comments:

Post a Comment