Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Friday Foolishness.

Remember how I decided to adopt one of the neighborhood stray cats on Valentine's Day? Well, it turned out to be more than one stray.

The first one to show up is an orange Maine Coon. Male. Very, very skinny; you can feel all of the bones protruding along its spine. He's full of ticks and his fur is in really bad shape - dirty and matted. A sweet boy who is friendly as all get out. He doesn't have the prettiest face, but he's still kinda cute. I've named him Ginger and he comes running when he sees me outside - even when I have Bandit with me.

Then there's a small black cat. Not sure if it's male or female. A little skittish of other cats, but doesn't seem to mind the dog. He has a little white star on his chest and the cutest little face. Until the cats started coming up to me (a few days ago) I was calling him Skitty Kitty. After seeing him/her/it up close, I've decided he's more of a Cleo - as in Cleopatra. Seriously, he's a pretty cat.

I've pulled ticks off Ginger. Cleo only had one tick. He may be someone's kitty or fairly new to being a stray.

Then there's the long-hair cat Bandit and I have seen several times on the trail. It's grey and white like BootZee (the cat I had to put down at Thanksgiving-time). Today it found the food set out for Ginger and Cleo. It hasn't seen me enough yet to know I mean it no harm

Anyway, after watching Cleo slinking across the yard tonight and knowing the outside temp tonight is going to drop to 17 degrees, I brought him inside.

Tigger-Tiger is not happy about it.

Will put it back out tomorrow and work on a different shelter for it, but for now...

Hopefully it won't have an "accident" inside before morning.

Y'all have a good night. Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment