Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

There's A Storm Rolling In...

...from the Northeast where the Great Lakes lie in their winter slumber. As of February 14th, eighty-eight percent of the Great Lakes are covered in ice. At least, that's what CBS Chicago reports.

All I know is that it is unseasonably cold. Cold enough to keep me from getting my daily exercise by walking the trail. And with no exercise... So I've decided to haul the elliptical out of the back room and into the living room. Time to get rid of this paunch. Besides - if I don't do it now I won't be able to go for those long hikes once Spring arrives.


Spring is well on its way. Twenty more days. Man-o-man, I don't know about you but have I ever got Spring Fever. Don't know how much longer I can stand the sight of these four walls. I just want to go somewhere and get WARM for a change.

Don't misunderstand me. The wood stove keeps this house warm. It just requires a lot of maintenance.

Celebrated seven years of not smoking by getting my hair cut and permed. Not real happy with the results, so I'm going a bit shorter. We'll see how it looks after that. Am probably going to go to the tanning bed a few times too. New year. New look.

Actually, I'm hoping to get a full time job soon and think the new hairstyle and a bit of color in my cheeks will help. I can't live on this part-time job. Can't seem to find an office job in this town, so I'm going to go for retail. Hopefully someone will have mercy on me and hire me. Cross your fingers folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment