Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Daily Journal - 20 February 2014

Lately I've had the good fortune of seeing some amazing scenery in movies. I'm enamored of how the story line fits in with the background images. Oh to be a director of such wonderful things. To be able to visualize what the author of a story had in mind - or to adapt our thoughts of the scenes in a way that reflects at least the intent of such a huge endeavor.

Palaces in Italy. Fishing boats on the high seas. Wolves running free in Yosemite.

All the places that I'll never get to see.


I think that's why Gran read so much. I've had enough discussions with family members to know that Gran didn't have a great live. We kids didn't help much either. Mean and self-centered. The whole lot of us. Present company included.

Ran into one of the dog-walkers at the post office today. Was nice to chat with someone semi-sane. So much trauma going on in my family's lives it's hard to get away from the drama. Too many conflicted feelings.

W's cat - Buddy - was taken to the vet last night. It rallied right at the end and was walking around  the house. Nineteen years old. A black cat. I still miss my black cats.

Pouring rain outside and I can still see some of the birds flying to and from the feeder. Didn't refill the feeders yesterday. Won't today either because the tin is almost empty. Have to get groceries. Perhaps tomorrow morning.

W stopped by yesterday for a bit. Brought some firewood. Stopped by today I think just to heat me up. Hard when we both have SADD. Told him that we both can't be like this at the same time. It's too hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment