Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2021

August 14. Slip Sliding Away.

Been a busy week since last I wrote. Went to the tax office to find out why I'm getting a school tax for this property when it was paid at closing. Argued with them and the lawyers secretary. Am giving up and just paying it again.

Got up at 3 a.m. on Thursday and drove to Kinzua Bridge State Park to watch the Perseid meteor shower. A couple people said they saw several, but I only saw one (and that's not for certain). There was a lot of ambient light. Ah well. At least I tried. 

Took Bandit to the vet for his booster shots. He weighs 110 pounds. Chubby. $148 later...

Made two batches of jam. Black Forest Preserves and Blueberry Lime. Still need to make Strawberry Preserves.

Cooked up a batch of Chicken Masala last night. Froze two portions, ate one and have another ready for dinner tonight or tomorrow. 

Still working on the brooches. Printed "PIE FESTIVAL SEPTEMBER 4, 2021" on some sticky sulky paper. Have three backing completed and one brooch fully together. Not sure how I'm going to be able to finish them all in time, but I'm going to try.

Thinned out the beets in the garden. They are doing well. The lettuce is a few inches high and the radish leaves are about four inches high. The eggplants aren't doing very well. Too many times being transplanted is my guess. Have cucumbers, summer squash and zucchini aplenty. Still giving to all the neighbors around me with plenty left over for me.

Swedish Festival is this weekend. I plan on going there today. Want to get an apron for Susie and maybe one for Daniel. Going to take a couple cards over for Darlene.

Was going to mow the lawn before the festival. Had rain overnight and it's sprinkling this morning. It'll be there when I get home. 

One of the neighbors went on vacation for a week and asked me to feed their feral cat, Earl, while they are away. That adds a bit of exercise to my day. Lord knows I need more exercise. I have those nasty old lady arms. Fitting, eh?

Talked to Billy for an hour the other day. He bought a camper and was telling me all about it.

Still learning Spanish on Duolingo. It seems to be improving my short term memory. Guess I'll do a lesson while I drink my second cup of coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment