Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Sunday – A typical day of rest. 10 April 2016.



Snow Day – 9 April 2016
“Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Most times you choose between the two – wonderin', wonderin' if you have made it.” From the song Sweet Seasons, as sung by Carole King.

Today my best friend is getting married. Actually, she's renewing her vows. Hard to believe they've been together twenty years. She read me her vows. Can't wait to hear his vows. They're downstate and it's a very small wedding for their immediate families. Then they're taking a mini-vacation in N.O. where they're also celebrating a school reunion. At least, it won't be snowing down there.

I've been a stranger to this blog for a long, long time.

Have had lots going on in my personal life that took precedence. 

Because of recent events, I haven't painted anything in a long time and don't see that happening anytime soon.

I have been able to crochet a little and have worked on some baby sweaters.

My favorite is THIS ONE.  I love Drops creations, but the patterns leave something to be desired. I brought it into a text document and edited it to something my brain could follow. I posted a link to the size I''m working on (12-18 months) in my Ravelry Project page. Here is a link if you want to give it a try: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Hope4TheBest/sweet-shells-jacket

Had to go down to a size C hook in order to get the gauge. Their Baby Merino must be fingering weight. I'm working with Bernat Baby Sport. Drops patterns are harder than the simple ones I usually make for market. I have been working on it a little at a time for the last six weeks. A few rows at a time. I messed up the last time I picked it up and worked 6-7 rows before I noticed that I missed part of the pattern. NOTICEABLY - as you can see in the inset detail photo. Haven't had the heart to pick it up again because I know I have to rip it back.

Posts on here will be random until I get back into the routine of posting again. In the meantime, here's some more pictures of baby sweaters. The last six months of them. (Not very productive, eh? It's been a hard winter for many reasons.)

 A simple baby sweater with plain white button neck-closure. Size 6 months.
A sweater worked in that luxurious "Unforgettable" yarn by Red Heart. Size 3 months.
A "premie" sweater with a blue dragonfly button closure.
Worked in red Caron brand, Simply soft. This sweater is also size 6 months and in addition to the soft hand features three ladybug buttons.
 "Matinee Jacket" (designed by patternsforcrochet) worked in Unforgettable yarn. Size 12 months.








This pretty little shell jacket was crocheted using Baby Bernat. The pink flower buttons enhance the design, don't you think?  Size 3 months.

 This sweater is so popular on Ravelry, I just HAD to hook one. Size 12 months.
 This cute little collared sweater is a combination of several patterns. The green-over-orange 3-button closure sets it off quite nice. Size 6 months.





Y'all have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment