Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

That magic hour.

You may or may not know that I have a German Shepherd. Or perhaps, more truthfully, a German Shepherd has me. What can I say? I love the pup. We go for walks/hikes every day. It keeps us both healthy, active and connected to nature. Although, I could do without so much connecting with the mosquitoes. Dang bloodsuckers!

Tonight on our walk we hit the time of day some call the 'magic hour'. Against a backdrop of growing shadow, the goldenrod and asters scattered along the trail seemed to almost glow of their own accord. We stopped for a bit on the way back to the house to watch the clouds race each other across the sky.

Feeling lucky tonight to live in such a beautiful area.

The image shown above was taken a few days ago after a thunderstorm rolled over the hills into the next valley.

I'm not sure why I'm so fond of storm clouds and sunsets. I have several paintings of storms that I'll be finishing up this fall/winter. It's easier to create when I'm not pressured to do so. Does anyone else out there have that problem?

For now, it's off to curl up with a good book. Terry Brooks' The High Druid's Blade, in case you're wondering

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment