Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

New Items on Petunia Magpie: The Etsy Shop.

BootZee King of the Counter-Jungle
This is BootZee. Not a very original name, but hey - it's a better name than what his former owner called him. "Jinxie, because he's always getting stuck in a door or hurt in some other way." Hmmmm.... Yes. BootZee is a rescue. Probably between eight to ten years old. Tuxedo cat that sheds, sheds, sheds. Gets up on the counter when he wants. Is afraid of the dog even though the dog has never even tried to hurt him. I don't particularly like him up on the counter, but quite frankly I don't have the energy to chase him off. I love him anyway. He is a cuddle-kitty and I enjoy him climbing on my lap in the evenings.

Yep, here is now. Sitting proud as he can be under the plant lamp pretending he's King of the Jungle. I think he's mad because I moved all the sprouting plants out of his reach and he won't be able to have his way with them. [i.e., i gotz some re-plantin' ta do]. I've been placing plants in high traffic areas in an attempt to convince myself that spring is right around the corner. ONLY 59 DAYS!

The wood-man was kind enough to start a fire in the woodstove when he dropped off this month's load of wood. The roaring fire and all the green plants in prominent places are helping keep the SAD at bay.

On to other matters....



Some of you may have noticed the Facebook posts about the Tulip Bonnets and Galilee Hat and Bootee Sets. I recently had a give away and didn't even have to have a formal drawing to select the winner. Why? Simple. Only one person "commented" that they'd like to try the product.

Because Facebook is such a small audience it's hard to get upset over such a low turnout. I've gone ahead and started adding the hat/bootee sets to my Etsy shop. Will be adding the tulip bonnets later today and more hat/bootee sets as they are completed.



Tulip Bonnet
Oh and... by the way. There's still a Tulip Bonnet up for grabs. That's right: FREE!!!! Your choice of color. Enter by commenting either here or on Facebook. Newborn size, which I'm told is 0-3 months. Babies grow so quickly, don't they?

It seems like all my friends are becoming Grandmas. A couple are 'first-time' grandmas. That's always a special grandchild. We may not always pinch their cheeks like our grandmas did to us, but we sure do a lot of cooing.

Babies in general are such a blessing. It's wonderful to see the world through their eyes. To watch as they stare in awe at their first campfire, lightening bug, worm dug (and in-hand), fish caught, song sung....

Did you notice my messy kitchen behind BootZee? Those picture/letters on the fridge are from my grandson. He's home-schooled and one of his projects is writing letters. I am very lucky to be his pen pal.

There's also a photo of Bear The Wonder Dog who walked over the rainbow bridge a little over two years ago. One of his claims to fame was his beauty. Another was how he would "toss" a frizbee to you if you told him "I can't reach that". He almost always got it right in your hands. He was a great dog.

Bandit's a great dog too. He's kinda pretty too - in a goofy kind of way. He's my hiking pal and I'm grateful for his companionship.

Enough of this! I'm off to crochet some more baby clothes. Any suggestions will be appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment