Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Snowy Sunday. 11 November 2018

This is a brooch made for my little cousin, Carlie for her third birthday (coming up real soon).

The broken tooth turned mentioned in the last post turned out to be a nightmare (kinda-sorta). Couldn't get into the dentist until Tuesday. Unfortunately, while trying to repair the tooth a nerve was exposed and a choice was made to pull the tooth rather than go through a root canal.

By Thursday, I was experiencing fever/chills, nausea and dizziness. Not good. Based on past dental experience, my mind was whispering "sepsis". After trying to get in to see my Primary Care Physician and a failed attempt at tele-medicine, I made the trip to the ER where the usual pokes and prods were tolerated. The worst part (for me) was not being able to get warm.  Four hours and several vials of blood for testing, the diagnosis was Stomach Flu.

Needless to say, the following week was total down time as the fever ranged from 97 degrees to 102 degrees. No fun at all.

Thank goodness THAT is over.

Pulled out the felt and made a couple ornaments. Not sure how many I'll make. Simply happy to be able to do something besides lie on the couch and try to get warm/cold.

Here's hoping y'all stay healthy all Winter, dear Reader.

Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment