Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sunday Rest Stop Ramble

Although the temperature was frigid watching the morning sky turning from gray to pink was worth the inconvenience of being cold for a spell.

Does anyone remember the commercial about "Uncle Harry" and the brand-name whipped cream? In a recent conversation an allusion to "Uncle Harry" was made and totally missed the mark. Perhaps it was an "age" thing, but it made me think on how ineffective a tool language is for communication.

We filter our conversations, don't we? We listen to tone, watch for facial expressions and body language. Movement. Circumstance. Audience. 'Cause - fess up. When you're with friends or people you have known for years certain phrases or words combined with actions (think rolling eyes) mean totally different things.



What you hear is not what I hear. What you see is not what I see. All of our thoughts, words, actions are influenced by nature, nurture, experience, emotional state, time of day, state of health, etc. You get the picture? in my head Captain Jack Sparrow is saying savvy?

Isn't it great that we can choose who to welcome into our lives?

Some of us were lucky to have good role models. Yet even with good role models we must find our own way to happiness. Too late I have found out that happiness is a choice. Or perhaps not TOO late. lol

"Finnegan begin again". If you made it this far, tell me the name of the movie and I'll send you a little something from the shop via snail mail. Of course, that means you'll have to provide a name and address.

For the remainder of the day I wish you peace.

Like Good Morning America... I leave you with the following Winter Sunset. Blessed be.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment